How often do you think about your teeth? Most of what we do is muscle memory, as we know brushing our teeth is simply a routine, which we can often perform in the wee hours in the morning, sometimes before we are truly even awake. The truth is, most people do not think amount their oral health care nearly as much as they should. Below is a list of questions to help you determine if you are taking steps needed for a better life via a well-groomed smile:
- Has a dentist or doctor cleared you of all eating disorders?
- Do you know your complete dental history?
- Do you avoid sugary drinks such as soda?
- Have you had your wisdom teeth checked by a dentist?
- Do you use safe teeth whitening products? Have you discussed the product(s) with a dentist?
- Do you avoid hard candies?
- Do you typically use products dentist-approved, or with the ADA Seal of Acceptance?
- Do you use a mouthguard or facemask when playing sports that can cause a mouth injury? If applicable, do you consistently clean your mouthguard?
- Do you avoid risks that may damage oral health like mouth jewelry, including lip rings?
- Do you schedule regular visits with your dentist?
If you answered yes to 1 to 4 questions, your oral health is poor, and needs improvement.
If you answered yes to 5 to 9 questions, your oral health is ok, but needs improvement.
If you answered yes to all 10 questions, your oral health is great, keep up the good work!
Don’t ever be afraid to take care of yourself, and your oral health. If you would like to discuss more possible solutions, or to make an appointment, please call Smiles for Life Dental Group at 408-241-6501 to talk to a member of our team. Call us, or stop by our office in Santa Clara, California, and let us help you take charge of your future with a healthy smile.