A crown is a type of dental restoration that can improve the function, beauty, and health of your smile. A dental crown completely encases the tooth and is used to restore teeth that are significantly damaged or decayed. If a tooth is decayed or damaged and cannot be effectively restored using a filling, your experienced dentist may recommend a dental crown. A crown can improve your smile by:
- Completing a dental implant to replace a missing tooth
- Anchoring a dental bridge
- Protecting a tooth after root canal therapy
- Enhancing the beauty of your smile
- Repairing a severely damaged or decayed tooth
- Strengthening a tooth that is weakened or fractured
Thanks to CEREC® technology, your custom ceramic crown can be designed, fabricated, and placed in just one visit to Smiles for Life Dental Group! Your dental crown will fit your smile comfortably and aesthetically. For more information on dental crowns and CEREC one-visit restoration technology, we welcome you to contact our Santa Clara, California dental office today!